Sailing Holidays on the Norfolk Broads
Popular Norfolk Broads Sailing Holiday Package Example -
- Take the helm of one of our Lullaby Class Yachts – 4 Berth Cabins (with option for 5th person)
- Ideal for families – Parents with children or young adults – with separate sleeping cabins
- Sail only – the traditional Eco-friendly sailing holiday – low impact and environmentally sensitive
- Onboard facilities include flushing toilet, gas cooking and equipment, comfortable sleeping bunks
- Full Safety Equipment supplied – Fully supported by our Boatyard Team
- 7-day Bookings – 2pm Saturday to 9am Saturday (alternative start times by arrangement)
- Lullaby Class Yachts currently available for May, June and August 2015 (other boats also available)
From just £805 per week sharing – Just £200+ per person for a week-long sailing holiday – Find Out More Now
29th March to 10th October
Cabin Yachts: 29th March - 3rd October
Half Deckers: 28th April - 10th October
2 Hour Skippered Sails: 28th April - 10th October
Hunter’s Yard – A Unique Sailing Experience
- Want your boat to have great sailing ability?
- Want to be ‘greener’ by not having an engine?
- Want to hone your sailing skills?
- Want to learn how to sail?
- Want to just sit back, relax and let someone else do the sailing for you?
Then look no further than Hunter’s Yard. Our services include short break to full week hire on our cabin yachts and days to full week hire on our half deckers, 2-hour skippered sails, Learn to Sail Holidays, Sailing Tuition by way of RYA Courses or Hunter’s own ‘cabin-conversion’ course.
Schools and youth group sailing discounts and the opportunity to support the Trust/Yard by joining the ‘Friends’ organisation.
We are situated in Ludham on Womack Water just off the River Thurne, on the beautiful waterways called the Norfolk Broads.
Hunter’s Yard is the home of Percy Hunter’s unique fleet of traditional 1930s wooden sailing yachts, lovingly known as Percy’s ‘Lovely Ladies’.
Percy’s ‘Lovely Ladies’ form a fleet of classic, gaff-rigged, fixed-keel sloop yachts equipped with self-tacking jibs. They have no engine or electric power; instead have oil lamps, a gas cooker and enjoy an enviable reputation for their superb sailing qualities!
You really can get away from it all on these girls. However, because of the lack of engine you will need to have some sailing experience to be able to take one these ‘ole gals’ out.
The ‘girls’ are even famous! – Lullaby was Teasel in the BBC production Swallows & Amazons Forever. Teasel’s transom and her dinghy Titmouse can still be seen here at the Yard.
Griff Rhys Jones used our Wood Rose in one of the episodes of his programme The Rivers. (watch this on YouTube now - scroll forward to 24 mins). More recently, we had the couple from the BBC Two programme Escape to the Country (series 14 – Norfolk)
Our Yachts have also been used in modelling shoots, specialised sailing publications and are often referred to in the general press.
Owned by a charity
The Norfolk Heritage Fleet Trust is a charity set up back in 1996 to preserve the Fleet and owns Hunter’s Yard. The trust is also actively supported by a Friends organisation with a current membership of over 900 families.
Book your holiday with us and you’ll be directly supporting a charity that will help to preserve these beautiful craft for our future generations – thank you!
The Friends of Hunters Fleet was established to support the Yard’s Fleet of hand built cabin yachts and wooden half deckers. Percy’s ‘Lovely Ladies’ are very much cherished, admired and loved.
The Fleet is maintained to an extremely high standard by a small number of skilled and dedicated staff who give them lots of ‘TLC’.
Come & Sail our Yachts
Hunter’s Yard – A step back in time – Steeped in tradition on historical engineless sailing craft.
Come sail our yachts, feel the wind in your hair, listen to the water lapping against the hull and enjoy the sounds of our abundant local wildlife as you relive the tranquillity and peace of a bygone age.
For more information on Sailing Holidays, Sailing Tuition, Half-Decker Sailing (day boats), Skippered Sails, RYA Keelboat Courses, Cabin Yacht Conversion Courses or sailing on the Norfolk Broads in general, please give us a call.